Turn in Applications to:

Please return your completed
Free & Reduced Meal Application to the District Office

One application per household please. 

Meal Applications

Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who believe they may qualify. If your family chooses to apply please complete a "Free and Reduced Meal Price Application Form." The forms can be obtained and returned (completed) to any school office. You will be notified by mail of your child's status. Until notification you must provide your child with a lunch or lunch money.

Only complete one application per family. The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.

Factors considered in the application process are household size and total household income. HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated: Including parents, children, grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses. The TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes - this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.

Foster children are categorically eligible for free meal benefits. An application is not needed yet there does need to be documentation of status by a state or local entity familiar with the child's status. Foster children may be included in the household application as part of the household size.



Families receiving either Food Share or W-2 cash payments or Medicaid will get a letter from the school district automatically qualifying your children for free lunch at the beginning of August each year.  You do not have to fill out an application. 

For those families who earn wages and apply for free or reduced lunch, a new application for free or reduced lunch must be completed each year.  Application Forms are on the district website,  www.pwssd.k12.wi.us under Parent Resources or available at all district schools.  A link to the forms is listed below.